Leaving my workplace after 5 years and 6 months

by - Wednesday, October 25, 2017

As many of you should know, I have left my previous organization. After 5 years and 6 months, to be exact, YES! I left the organization. *Claps Claps* I've made the decision of leaving with a heavy heart and it took me awhile to finalize my decision.




1. I'm in my comfort zone

Being someone in the company for long, I have already know the culture, the people and how things work. I am able to plan my workday starting from having my breakfast casually at my desk, heading out for lunch to ease of ending work on time. For someone who is new, they would probably be uncomfortable for what I've stated in the above.




2. The friendship made
Colleagues who have become my friends were my motivation at work. Moving from different roles in these years, I have interacted with many people from various departments. Fortunately, I was able to form more than just work relationships with some of them. If you are in the corporate world, you probably know these friendships don't set up easily. The thought of leaving them and not seeing them every day was the major force that keeps me from resigning. We motivate each other to press on even we are dealing with different difficulties at work and keep each other entertained. 
When you move on, this cycle repeats and you may not even find such relationships at all. These friendships fostered did not come easy.



3. Jobscope
Exploring different environment is not wrong. There are widespread of jobscopes out there. But one may be too comfortable in what he/she have been doing for years. I have friends who moved on to different workplaces who compare how different the scopes are when the job title is the same. To be honest, you can't compare, and there goes the saying "same same but different". Every organization has its requirements for a role. You made the choice, you bare with it.
For me, it is to move on, explore and see more about the world. And, to do what I am interested in doing because 'not now then when?'.




The above 3 points would probably speak for my uncertainties of moving on. However, I've decided to carry on somewhere when I still have the energy and time to do so. Never try never know. I do miss the people and I am currently adjusting to the new lifestyle. I will get used soon and chances will come by too. Let's be brave and have faith!

You May Also Like

0 comments

hseolah 2013. Powered by Blogger.